2020 CBG Strains
What is CBG?
Cannabigerol (CBG) is a non-psychoactive compound produced by cannabis plants, though usually only in trace amounts. Scientists refer to CBG as the “stem cell of cannabinoids,” as it is the precursor to CBD, THC, CBC, and other minor compounds. Pure CBG plants can be isolated by skilled breeders, but–until now–have not been commercially available anywhere in the world. We believe it is one of nature’s truly rare gifts and are ecstatic to be the first to provide it to consumers.
Our seed genetics team has worked for 3 years to create high cannabinoid content, CBG predominant plants (Type IV) using traditional breeding techniques at their federally-legal industrial hemp research facility in Oregon. The result is a very special plant whose cannabinoid profile is 99.5% CBG. There is so little THC produced by this rare hemp plant that many of our concentrated products remain below the federal limit (0.3%), which allows us to ship a wide range of products to customers anywhere in the US and many other countries internationally. We are convinced that its usefulness as a daily dietary supplement will eventually surpass both CBD and THC.
Researchers have demonstrated that CBG is:
- Strongly anti-bacterial. Appendino et al. (2008) found that it is a promising front line treatment for methicillin-resistant staphylococcus aureus (MRSA).
- Anti-psoriasis and eczema. Wilkinson and Williamson (2007) found that CBG inhibits human keratinocyte proliferation through novel cannabinoid receptors located in our skin (i.e. not CB1 or CB2 receptors).
- Powerfully anti-inflammatory. Borrelli et al. (2013) investigated the usefulness of CBG for treatment of Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBS) and found significant improvement in test subjects (mice).
- Potent neuropathic pain suppressor. Russo (2008) reports that the binding mechanism of CBG suggests novel analgesic properties that should work better than THC for pain and spasticity control.
- Neuroprotective. Valdeolivas et al. (2014) established that CBG improved motor deficits and preserved striatal neurons in mice with induced Huntington’s disease. The findings suggest that other neurodegenerative diseases (Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, etc.) may respond well to increased CBG intake.
- Promotes Neurogenesis. Not only does it protect neurons, CBG has the ability to stimulate the growth of new neuronal cells. Diaz-Alonso et al. (2016) have taken this one step further and created a synthetic compound derived from CBG to make a very efficient new drug that is slightly more effective than plant-derived cannabigerol as a “neuronal progenitor”. We applaud their efforts, but prefer the herbal form.
We are releasing a small amount of CBG flowers and extraction material for the 2019 season.
- Oregon CBD Team
2020 CBD Strains
Thank you for inquiring about Mission Lago Farm flower. We are now taking pre-orders for the 2020 season. 25% down required to secure. Those orders will begin shipping late October/early November 2020 in first come first serve order. Thank you.
Mission Lago Flower + CBDmi Products
Farm Setup & Design
Are you worried about labor costs of getting thousands of hemp plants in the ground on time? Is this the first year you’re farming your field and need it mowed, ripped, disced, and tilled? Do you have a solution for raised beds and laying your drip tape efficiently?
If you’re located in Southern Oregon and within 2 hours of Central Point, we can help.
Germination is on of the most important steps in hemp farming. Taking on a project like this and making a mistake could be detrimental. Poor germination rates cause you to lose money before you even get in the ground! Let our team of experts germinate your seeds and get them to a healthy starting stage to go in the ground.
Mission Lago Farms
Mission Lago Farms is currently headquartered in both Oregon & Florida, with partner farms in six other states. The Mission Lago Research Facility (Tampa, Florida) is partnered with the University of South Florida’s College of Pharmacy performing industrial hemp and CBD research trials. Mission Lago Farms uses fully organic growing methods to produce some of the finest and most artisanal hemp available on the market today. The team has over 25 years in the hemp and cannabis space. The company has expanded greatly each year since inception, the amount of acreage grown both in-house and through partner farms around the country has grown exponentially. Mission Lago Farms is a fully operational hemp business including research, greenhouse services, farm design, farm setup, tractor work, consulting, hemp grow, and product brokering, transportation & distribution.
Meet the Crew
Are you hiring?
We are always looking to add great pieces to our team! Please email your resume to Nick Akins.
Do you ship?
Yes we offer very discreet shipping, the client pays that shipping cost and can choose however fast they would like to receive the product.
Do you sell CBD flower under 1lb?
Yes. Check out our online store LOHI™.
Can I tour the farm?
Unfortunately, for security purposes, we do not allow visitors to tour the farm at this time.
Can I come to the farm to purchase flower?
We do not have a storefront at any of our farm locations. Please submit a purchase order form via our order page and someone from our sales team will respond within 24 hours.
Do we offer free samples?
We do not send out samples as there are plenty of reviews on our product that can be found online. Reddit, YouTube, Instagram and various CBD review sites can be very helpful in this case.
Do you have COA’s and certifications for your product?
Yes, all of our products and strains have been fully tested and certified by the Oregon Department of Agriculture as well as third party labs. These tests are available upon request and are included with all purchases.
Get in Touch
Artisanal CBD Hemp Inquiries
1lb minimum order quantities
- Individual customers
- Local, National, Worldwide
- Product manufacturers
Farm Setup & Design Services
within two hours of Central Point,OR
- Mowing, Ripping, Discing
- Tilling & Amendments
- Drip Tape, Raised beds, and Planting